About Me

Please join us to support a brave little girl in the fight of her life. Julia (Juls) Stone was recently diagnosed with and will BEAT stage four Ewing Sarcoma, a rare form of childhood bone cancer. She is a sweet and spunky little girl with a great deal of spirit. Her greatest champions are her mom and dad - Richie and Rachel. She is part of a loving Christian family made up of Richie, Rachel, 3 adopted children (Mackenzie, Ally, and Andrew) and two biological children (Julia and Ahnika). The family lives in southern Missouri and must travel to Children’s Hospital in St. Louis for Juls’ treatments. The medical and travel costs will be enormous so Team Juls is lending support in any way possible. We are rallying together to provide prayers, well-wishes and fundraising events. We aim to lend spiritual and emotional support and to ease the financial impact of medical/travel expenses for Juls' family during this tough time. Please join the fight with Team Juls!
There are a several ways to lend your support for Juls, so please reference the How You Can Help tab for more information. Thank you for your prayers all the support!

Monday, January 6, 2014

1/2 - Blood Drive!


From Grandpa David:
-The numbers are in " 143 units collected" that's amazing. Thanks again to everyone that came out to give blood for Juls.

-Blood drive in Julia's honor was a huge success!! 160 people signed in to donate not sure of the actual collected count they are just about to finish up. Huge THANK YOU to all that came to give and especially all the volunteers and Red Cross workers. I heard today that there is 5 teams that work out of the Columbia office and they sent 3 teams to Owensville expecting a good turn out and you all showed them they were right. This drive couldn't have been possible without each of you taking the time out of your busy schedules to come and support us and the Red Cross!! We thank the Lord for this wonderful day and for each of you. Tomorrow at 1:30 will be Julia's surgery so please continue to keep her in your prayers.

-Remember today is the day for donating blood we are having a great turnout so far, but lets push it over the top. This is in honor of Julia.

From Grandma Mary Ann:
-Julia spent the day with me again yesterday. We had tea parties, played Pop the Pig, farm, and of course, Lion King. What a strong, uplifting little girl she is. She sat with me at the piano and sang a song to me "Jesus went to the cross for our sins so we can go to Heaven. We don't want to go to hell where Satan is, we want to go to Heaven where Papa Rich lives" (sang to the tune of Jesus Loves Me). Julia has helped me so much during the past 9 months since her Papa Rich passed away. When Julia was diagnosed with cancer, we were all so devastated. Getting the results from her scans was such a miracle! What a joy she is and I thank God every day for her and His healing power upon her. I pray her surgery goes well tomorrow and she has a quick recovery. May God continue to Bless her and keep the cancer away forever. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support. We can't thank you enough. Praise God for all He has done!


From Drive Organizer Suzy:
-Several months ago, I was sitting at home thinking how I wish I could give blood! And so I thought if I can't give blood maybe I can get a blood drive together for her. My way of helping. :) I met with Amanda Schlottach with the Red Cross and the Dedicated Blood Drive for Julia Stone was put into action!!! I put a message on here asking for help... So many responded. I had some amazing and wonderful people step up to the plate and threw everything they had at helping getting this going!!! Special shout out to those women!!! Peggy Farrell, Nancy Souders, Jeanne Zelch, Tonya Zelch, Rae Figgemeier, you are all some special kind of awesome!!! Thank you for your help so much!!!
We had 160 people sign up and try to give blood and 143 units were collected!!!!!! How awesome is that?!?!

That means today in honor of our princess Juls we have potentially impacted 429 lives!!!

Thank you all so much!! And I'm proud to say I was one of the 143 people!!!!! That in itself is awesome to me!!! They have never allowed me to give but today I was able to!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment